Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Top Chef Tour Lands in Atlanta: Sign My SousVide!



Today I had the pleasure of attending a cooking demonstration featuring 2 great Atlanta chefs who went all the way to the finals in each of their seasons of Bravo's Top Chef popular cooking reality show. They were in Atlanta in the Westside Provisions District as part of the Top Chef Tour.



I decided to bring the sousvide machine I built from scratch and ask Richard Blais to sign it.

Honestly I cannot come within a mile of an airport holding this device, so it was with a little trepidation that some of the organizers asked what in the hell I was holding. After a quick explanation I was able to place it in the corner of the tent area of the demonstration and point to it when I asked both chefs what were their favorite vegetables to cook sousvide and how in particular did they cook eggs sousvide.

The answers included anything that one would normally glaze - like carrots with a little oil and agave in the bag. I also appreciated that both agreed the best way to cook an egg was at 61.5 degrees C for 1 hour.


Thanks guys! And thanks Richard for signing my machine!

1 comment:

biskuit said...

Collectors Edition!