Sunday, January 03, 2010

Resolution: Break It Down - DIY Mayo

One of my resolutions for 2010 stems from one of my accomplishments of 2009.

In terms of the kitchen and my growing culinary hobby, I'm most proud of my recent ability to simply make my own mayonnaise. It's surprisingly easy if you have a hand blender (mine is a silver Kitchen Aid model). The recipe came with these great step by step photos. Thanks DeliciousDays!

I was able to save my batch in a container for later use.

Next time I make it, I'll be experimenting with different seasonings and possibly oils.

I never used mayonnaise before in my cooking but always loved the aioli I tasted when living and then later visiting in France. It's a gift to realize how easy it is to make.

Can you think of something that no one thinks about making homemade like mayonnaise?

Let's look for things to make our own. Comments please.

No comments: