Friday, February 19, 2010

When Lunch Inspires Dinner: Roll With It


Inspiration for cooking comes from anywhere - let it make its impression and affect the next meal.

That's just what happened today at lunch when I joined other colleagues for a Board Meeting at Atlanta's Au Pied de Cochon.

I'll let you read the history and reviews of this jewel of a French restaurant - we're lucky to have this place here in Atlanta: serving fine French bistro food 24hrs/day. They've got a new menu with wonderful, amazing descriptions - I got excited over several items.


I ordered a dish originally from the Basque region of France and Spain. The dish consists of layers of flavors built from potatoes, roasted red peppers, and tomatoes.

Add an appropriate herbal blend of oregano, basil, and thyme and a hearty fish (in this case tuna) and you get Tuna "Marmitako".


For my version of Tuna "Marmitako" I deconstructed the dish into its components and added caramelized onions. I also poured a bit of balsamic vinegar and agave sweetener to the tomatoes. The results were so good, it will make a second appearance in a future menu.





No comments: