Juicy strawberries cloak themselves in white chocolate with a hint of almond flavor to make these treats frightfully delicious. Looking at some of these gave me a, "Oh, no! Mr. Bill" moment.
This recipe comes from Nancy Mueller of Highlands Ranch, Colorado.
Serves 30, Total time with prep: 30 minutes
- 30 fresh strawberries
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract (lemon would also work)
- 1/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Wash strawberries and dry completely
- Microwave at 50% power until melting the white chocolate and shortening in a safe bowl; stir until smooth, then stir in extract
- Dip each strawberry in white chocolate mixture and place in a plastic container or baking sheet. Immediately press chocolate chips into coating for eyes. Freeze for 5 minutes
- Melt remaining chocolate chips in microwave; stir until smooth. Dip toothpick into melted chocolate and draw a mouth on each face after the 5 minute freeze