|Egg Breakfast with The Temple's Men's Club, |
a photo by atl10trader on Flickr.
This was the event headline:
Learn How to Make the Pen-Ultimate Egg Breakfast
Real Men Know, the Path to Forgiveness, Awesome Dad-ness or Extra Marital Credits Is Through the Stomach.
Here's the recipe.
Ingredients: per person
|Ellis Vener Photography|
- The best artisan loaf of bread you can find
- 1 Tbsp of the best french butter you can find, preferably unsalted
- Eggs. Organic. Fresh. Qty: 2 eggs per person
- 2 Tbsp Greek yogurt (low fat Ok but not fat free)
- 4 Small to medium tomatoes on their vine. In a pinch cherry tomatoes will also do.
- 2 Medium, large mushrooms
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- In a skillet or pan heat some olive oil over medium heat place the tomatoes and mushrooms in with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until tomatoes spit and the eggs are done and you're ready to plate.
- Toast the bread that's been sliced into 1/4 - 1/2" slices.
- Over medium heat, place in a saucepan the eggs along with the butter (you can add a bit of olive oil before this step to prep the saucepan)(add salt at the end, not now)
- Do not let the eggs overcook in the saucepan. Depending on the heat on the pan, spend about 30 seconds on the heat constantly stirring the eggs with the spatula. Take the pan off the heat and continue stirring the eggs. Repeat until eggs begin to thicken and fluff.
- Time's up when the steam comes off the eggs when off the heat and stirring. To stop the cooking process, add the Greek yogurt and incorporate into the eggs.
- Add pinches of salt and pepper.
- Add chives. Stir.
- Plate like the picture above.
- Don't forget a mimosa and strong coffee!
Ellis Vener Photography